Use this if...
- You forgot your current ECnet password and/or allowed it to expire.
- You must have an external email address associated with your Emerson identity, such as an ECmail forward or an external address in Banner (which you can set here or through eCommon).
If you do NOT meet these conditions...
You can submit a Password Support Request and the Help Desk will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you urgently need to reset your password, please visit or call the IT Help Desk in room 404 on the 4th floor of the Walker Building (120 Boylston St) to request a password reset. Be sure to bring your Emerson ID card with you to verify your identity. IT Help Desk hours are posted at emerson.edu/helpdesk.
If you do meet these conditions...
Type your Emerson ECnet account name (i.e. Charles_Emerson) in the form below and click on "Request a reset authorization code!". A message with an authorization code will be sent to the external email address associated with your Emerson identity. This authorization code will expire in one hour after it is issued, so do not wait to do this later. We recommend you keep this password reset page open and check your email from a new window or tab. After receiving the authorization code, enter it, along with your ECnet name, and new password in the form at the bottom of this page. Your new password must conform to the password requirements listed below.
- Your password must be at least 12 characters long!
- If you are an Internet Native Banner (INB) user, you cannot use spaces, have a password longer than 30 characters, or use the following characters: @ $ & ( ) , < > ` ; = #
- Read about our new password policy here.
- Use a password longer than 12 characters — the longer, the better!
- Use as many different types of characters as you can. Uppercase, lowercase, numbers, punctuation, spaces, are all valid.
- Make your password a passphrase, like a complete sentence or collection of unrelated words.
Now that you've read all that...
To reset your password, enter the information requested below and click on CHANGE IT!